1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RNSE & Ipod / Iphone connection

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by vadhert, Apr 8, 2010.

1. vadhert

vadhert New Member

[Apr 8, 2010]
    I have an RNSE unit but need to know what options are available to connecting the RNSE to an Iphone or Ipod to browse and listen to the music.

Id like the following:

Browse track names on the RNSE
    Charge Ipod / Iphone

I asked a sound shop who advised me that they could do this but at a sum of £450 which I think is a bit excessive. Any ideas on how easy it is to fit? cost etc?

Thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. 1wheelonly

1wheelonly cabriolet VCDS Map User

[Apr 8, 2010]
    check out the interfaces called connects2, you wont get track listing on rns-e though, can charge, play, rewind and fast forward etc
  4. jungleman

jungleman Well-Known Member

[Apr 8, 2010]
    one option
    or there is a fully integrated option from Alpine, KCE 425i iPOD KIT that does the full integration as well as giving u the ability to have any video files you have on your ipod/ iphone played on the screen as well, also means you can keep the CD changer if you have that.
    think this is about £450 fully fitted as well :icon_thumright:
  5. vadhert

vadhert New Member

[Apr 8, 2010]
    hmm?...I remember seeing an A3 where a guy showed me browsing tracks on his Ipod via the RNS-E. He said it cost £150 which sounded reasonable.
  6. evapor8

evapor8 Member

[Apr 10, 2010]
    I have a NAV-TV Vehicledock as a replacement for the KCE-425i I was meant to get - http://www.navtv.com/product/113/ipod-to-vehicle-interfaces.html

Identical units and virtually identical software onboard, it just won't have the Alpine brading on the screen. The wiring for mine is in place already, just getting it connected on Monday.

Chris