RNSE Install Antenna Question

MattyW19

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm in the middle of fitting my new RNSE :) But when I installed just the GPS my radio reception was poor. To install the GPS, I have had to unplug the two antenna connectors from the back of the radio. Is there any way I can fit the GPS and the antenna together?

GPS goes into a plug on the top of the unit(blue iirc), the radio is the 2 at the bottom!

Blue one to the right of the fan:

IMG_1287.JPG

Just another question! :)

After taking me ages to work out how to use the unit, I finally find out that i'm meant to position myself on the map?

I've managed to do this, however when I drive it seems to go ok, then all of a sudden ends up in a field? Is this related to my GPS signal, as I have installed it just under the two airvents

go to nav screen, press "nav info" scroll up, should show how many sats received

Okkkk. After doing countless installs of an RNSe, the best place by far is on top of the vent system.

With the unit out, follow the top plastic in the hole, you will then find a gap to the left or right, once you've doin it you can then just push through a little further and you will feel a ledge. I always place them on there. I usually expect to see 7-9 sats depending on where I am.

In regard to going off position, this is normal on first install. The RNSe has to calibrate itself. Should be ok after the first 5-10 miles.

Hope that helps.