1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RNSE Bluetooth Problem

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by 210_MIH, May 30, 2013.

1. 210_MIH

210_MIH Drive it like u stole it

[May 30, 2013]
    Hi All

Everytime I connect my phone via bluetooth, it disconnects after like a minute, then re connects. The annoying thing is when this happens during a call - disconnects, then spends 30 seconds to re connect!

Anyone know what needs to be done to sort this out?

thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 23, 2014]

3. jb0o

jb0o North East Forum Moderator Regional Rep Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[May 30, 2013]
    First you need to find out if the problem lies with the Bluetooth module or the phone.

Connect another phone to it, does the same happen?

If it does, I'd first go about replacing the Bluetooth antenna to see if that fixes the issue. If not, then possibly a replacement bluetooth module.

VCDS scan wouldn't hurt either.
  4. JRock247

JRock247 Active Member

[May 30, 2013]
    What phone are you using?

Might want to also check if your phone has any available updates to its operating system and also the RNS-E software for any updates, may resolve Bluetooth issues with phone/RNS-E

Do you have VCDS? Check the VCDS map on here, shows you were local VCDS owners are near you.
  5. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[May 30, 2013]
    Remove the pair, disable BT, then restart handset & the car, then re-enable BT on handset & repair handset & let it sync contacts then test.

If this fails to work, then 1st question to ask is, which handset are you using, IOS & Droid both have issues with BT modules of varying years, then you have to ask which version BT module is fitted, then you need to look at updates to both systems, handset & car.
  6. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[May 30, 2013]
    I've had 5 different phones in the time I have had my car and they all responded differently to each other which trying to connect to BT. The two worst were both Android phones.