RNS-E with amp / JL Clean sweep ?

Whiteatom

Reaction score
Thinking of ripping BOSE out and fitting a aftermarket system.

Has anyone fitted aftermarket amps etc with the RNS-E using line to RCA adaptors ? What it the sound like ?

Has anyone used the new JL clean sweep to connect the amp etc ?

(JL clean sweep is device which creates clean signal from factory headunit, only down side is you have to use a remote volume control)

Is the sound any better with JL clean sweep ?

Many thanks in advance

Hi Whiteatom,

Unfortunately I don't know the answers to your questions, but I do have a question for you...
The wiring on the NON bose sound system, do you know whether it's the same for the BOSE, or would the whole wiring have to be changed if you were to retro fit the BOSE?

doesn't the clean sweep just give a flat EQ, you could achieve something similar with alpines audio hub pro and it gives you much more options. I'm going down the road of new fronts, sub and 5 channel amp running active with the standard HU initially, if I do decide to change the HU then I would go aftermarket, look at the Alpine W502 and the Pioneer BT900

try www.caraudiodirect.com

As far as I am aware the wiring is different with the BOSE system as with BOSE all the speaker run off the amp thus all the wires go to the back of the car. On none BOSE cars only the rear speakers and sub (not 100% it is rears) run off the amp. The other speakers run off the headunit.

As for retro fitting BOSE, I would not bother. BOSE is better than standard system but aftermarket equipment with give miles better sounds for less money.

Has anyone used the apline unit ? Any good ?

Thanks for the replies

The wiring is different for a Bose install. Bose has a small amp behind the O/S panel in the boot, and I mean small - there are some pics of it in the thread I did in the ICE section of my build.

To be honest unless you really want an OEM solution, the Bose route is a pointless upgrade (if you could do it). I would go aftermarket and if you have to keep an oem HU then either use an Line Out Adapter or Line Level convertors.

Personally I ripped the lot out and went for an Alpine / Focal / JBL / IPOD solution.

Paul

Andymac is the man on here to ask, he'll be along any minute now as he always is or send him a PM.

You got the link to your thread mate?

The wiring is different for a Bose install. Bose has a small amp behind the O/S panel in the boot, and I mean small - there are some pics of it in the thread I did in the ICE section of my build.

To be honest unless you really want an OEM solution, the Bose route is a pointless upgrade (if you could do it). I would go aftermarket and if you have to keep an oem HU then either use an Line Out Adapter or Line Level convertors.

Personally I ripped the lot out and went for an Alpine / Focal / JBL / IPOD solution.

Paul

I still haven't got round to tidying up the amp rack in the boot, you can't see it though so out of sight out of mind.

I will book a long weekend and sort it soon, got to do some maintenance work on our garage first.

I've also got the controller for the processor, which is going to be installed out of sight in the arm rest.

Paul

Any update on this OP? I have the RNSE with Bose and was looking at going this route with the JL cleansweep and JL speakers and sub after getting a demo from JL in an A3 and it was intense!