1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RNS-E Which one?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Dave B, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Dave B

Dave B REALITY?.... WHERE AM I AGAIN?.... WHO AM I AGAIN?

Firstly sorry if this has been covered Ive done a search but am still not totally sure of the answer, Im looking to fit RNS-E to my 8L 2003 S3.

Ive done a search on the Bay for RNS-E units

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=AUDI+A4+RNS-E

And theres loads of units, can I use all the RNS-E units even the ones with MMI on the screen, or is there a version I should look for? :think:

I want to have it fully integrated to the DIS, Im competent at fitting this kit (used to work in car AV industry) however dont want to spend £350+ and it be the wrong one.

Would like to Add TV Vid in motion and a Alpine V-Hub set up for Ipod Navigation etc etc .

Also any where you cn recomend to buy one?

Thanks Dave

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. steve1975l

steve1975l Member

You need a unit an A4 unit and cut it to fit.

4. Tooks

Tooks Active Member

As above, the RNS-E originally designed for the A4, seems to fit the best leaving a much smaller gap at the top than the A6 unit.

The A3 8P version just doesn't fit very well at all as its got rounded top corners.

5. rickquattro

rickquattro Member

As above too. An A4 trimmed with a dremel or similar will be best.. then B&Q sell aluminium strip of just the right size to fill the inevitable small gap, but will match the alloy door handles and logo on the glove box.

HTH

6. RobRS

RobRS Member
    Audi RS3

Hi Dave,

I'm just about to do this mod to my S3 & found a good guide that details all the tools & steps you need to take to install an RNS-E into an S3 It's available from http://www.stevephotography.co.uk/page4.htm

CheeRS,