1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RNS-e whats 2007 Map DVD got over 2006 Map DVD

JohnboyC Sep 25, 2007

1. JohnboyC

JohnboyC Member

OK, might seem a daft question, but I have a 2006 Map DVD with my RNS-e - question is, is it worth upgrading to 2007 DVD ?

2. mr.brown

mr.brown Member

New software and TMC upgrade. I got an ebay copy for £30 - works fine.

3. Niknak

Niknak Member

I received an original from Audi for free:yes: :p

4. Nickynibbles

Nickynibbles Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!

It'll have a few new roads on it for all the new housing estates they're building about the country. If Audi wont give you a freebie then not a crying worry if you dont get a 2007 copy.

5. PetrolDave

PetrolDave Well-Known Member

The UK free upgrade has been extended to the end of 2007, for anyone with a car sold before March 2007.

So there's no reason not to go get one - and get working TMC in the UK.

6. JohnboyC

JohnboyC Member

Are you eligible for the free upgrade even if the RNS-e is not an original Audi fit from when the car was new ?

7. Niknak

Niknak Member

Mine wasn't??

8. PetrolDave

PetrolDave Well-Known Member

Depends on the dealer - most will do it even for a retrofit but some won't. If you find one that says no, then jut try another dealer until you find one that says yes.

9. JohnboyC

JohnboyC Member

Well, I have asked York Audi (where I purchased the car originally) and Preston Audi....they both said they would call me back...York Audi are looking at the warranty route - not entirely sure why.

Still waiting for the call....

I do find the service between dealers markly different - York Audi will bend over backwards to keep you happy.....Preston Audi not quite the same....