1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RNS-E upgrade

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by timontour, Oct 6, 2012.

1. timontour

timontour Member

I'm thinking about changing my concert for an rns e, from what i've read seems pretty straight forward as it's double din
    only thing is my cars got a parrot fitted will this effect thr rns-e? also mine has a multifuction steering wheel is this just a matter of coding it with VCDS?

thanks in advance!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mike foster

mike foster Fossie
    VCDS Map User

Sounds like a direct swap ! Just ditch the Parrot and code the rnse with VCDS. However, you will probably need the Audi bluetooth unit to get phone functions to work properly.

4. Dannykn9

Dannykn9 "Cruise My Ride"
    VCDS Map User

You will be fine with the Parrott kit mate. RNS-e will just need to be coded correctly with VCDS.

Although if you want full functions of your phone through the MFSW and DIS as well as the RNS-e, then as Mike suggested, go for the OEM Bluetooth and get rid of the Parrott.

5. timontour

timontour Member

cool thanks for the reply's, i have VCDS but not too sure on the coding side i will fit it then scan for errors and see what comes up

6. audicruiser

audicruiser Audi Heaven

Check this out for codes... It will need to be coded right otherwise you'll be going around in circles!

VAG Codes for RNS-E | Audi Forum