1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RNS-E TV Option

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by cliveywolves, Feb 20, 2007.

1. cliveywolves

cliveywolves Member

Hi , I did post this on the ICE Forum but had no replies.....:sorry:

So what do you actually need to get digital tv working on the rns-e unit....? Adapters etc ???

Dietz 1417 and some kind of digital tuner ???? is there any tuner to use which is best for the rns-e and Dietz ????

Is it easy to install , would the unit still need to be unlocked to allow passengers to watch while driving ????

Cheers guys....
    Clive

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. benw123

benw123 Moderator

Clive, I reckon this would be best answered on http://www.navplus.us. I think Craigyb (aka S8Craig) has it fitted to his A8 W12 from his signature, so he might be able to help.

4. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Moderator

Good old navplus! There's not a lot you can't find from that site :)

5. benw123

benw123 Moderator

I know! I've quoted it so many times now, people must be bored of me saying it. But for all things RNS-E related, it's unbeatable!

6. Billy Boyd

Billy Boyd New Member

Its really good, especially if you want to retrofit. One thing I really cant find there though (or anywhere else) is a genuine review of the RNS-E compared to other sat navs. Or a video of the RNS-E and how it works. I really wanna see it in action before splurging out 2 G.s on a sat nav.

7. benw123

benw123 Moderator

Or around £400 retrofitted! :)

Have a look round the web - I have seen a video of it in use, although it's not very long. Your best bet is to ask a dealer about it. The chances are they'll have a used car in stock with it fitted so you can have a play.

8. Vertigo1

Vertigo1 Well-Known Member

Or maybe see if there's someone on here with it who's not too far away from you and is prepared to show it to you. Whereabouts are you?