RNS-E SATNAV USER HELP.

johnmandy

Reaction score
Anyone care to have a bash at my problem,

I noticed while travelling to manchester a couple of weeks ago, and travelling up the A49 from south wales, that the satnav would direct me into towns, when clearly the A49 had a bypass, this happened on nearly every big town untill i abandoned the satnav route for good old honest map reading via the wife.
Just yesterday i was travelling near my home to monmouth, which involved about 15 miles of farm lanes, now i know monmouth from my house is mostly A-roads, dual carriageways and motorways, i only used the nav to show a freind.

I have an uptodate satnav disc 2011, and i must have changed a setting without knowing, i have tried changing a few settings, but get more confused the more i look at it, shortest, longest, quickest.

So a big thanks to anyone who may point me in the right direction, by the way i did northern france to southern france without a problem last year, the last time i really used it, 2007 disc.

thanks john

Have you got the route criteria set to shortest and not fastest? I inadvertently set mine to shortest and it took me all over the place until I put it right.

Hi thanks s8craig,

I thought by putting in the shortest, it would take me up farm lanes as opposed to using the a-roads motorways etc, if the route was shorter, i always thought faster would use all the main highways, perhaps the mistake i,m making, anyway thanks again, i,ll give it a try on the weekend.

john

I always use fastest and it usually does the trick, as I said shortest took me through town center and even cost me £60 in congestion charges when I was down south as it took me through London city center instead of around the M25 which would have been quicker and used less fuel.

I always use fastest and it usually does the trick, as I said shortest took me through town center and even cost me £60 in congestion charges when I was down south as it took me through London city center instead of around the M25 which would have been quicker and used less fuel.

Thanks s8craig, i mis-understood your reply i,ll change my setting to fastest, that should do it,
my heads fried tonight,

john