1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RNS-E Retrofit

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by vrbob, Aug 29, 2009.

1. vrbob

vrbob Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Well after my little wiper stalk incident i hope these next 2 items i have got will be exactly as i expect as they were a tad more expensive. Managed to source an S line FBMFSW and a suitable airbag so can cross them off my shopping list.
  2. vrbob

Hopefully gonna cross off the wiper stalk too now as managed to source another one from germany this time but this one defo is the part number i am after 4E0 953 503 C which has the rear wash wipe function!

So will have multiple bits to put on the classifieds and Ebay in the future mainly cos i didn't get my purchases right to start with. Hopefully i can cut the cost down a bit of the whole retrofitting i am doing by selling off the bits i take out of the car.
  3. Woorlord

Woorlord shifting to Hyperspace... .

I fitted Headlamp washers a couple of months ago and had to run two new wires to the washer bottle for the headlight washer pump. To get the wires for your washer bottle sensor in - remove the front n/s wheel and arch liner. You will see the multiple entry grommet in the lower a-pillar. Cut an access "nipple" and push the wire through from the wheel side. I put self amalgamating tape over the wires and grommet nipple and secured all with a cable tie. As mentioned previously probably an additional 2 hours work to mount the level sensor too.

You will not be able to push the wires out from inside and will have to take the arch liner off to route the wires anyway!
  4. vrbob

5. vrbob

Managed to secure an RNS-E unit last night over on Ebay so thats another major item off my shopping list done so got another parcel to look forward to receiving now :)
  6. vrbob

*Bump*

Right guys not been around for a while as have been shopping hard for those ebay bargains.

Anyway i have not only got the bits for the RNSE retrofit but have also gone for the FBMFSW plud DIS bits too.

Managed to get almost everything i need so will be a case of fitting it next. The only bits i need now are the slipring for the B7 steering wheel plus the washer bottle sensor for the DIS.