1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RNS-e Retrofit Procedure

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by stevereid, Jan 19, 2011.

1. stevereid

stevereid Member

[Jan 19, 2011]
    Ok, I think i'm juat about at the point of being able to start my retro fit.
    I'm sure this has been asked and covered before..but.. has anyone produced a step by step procedure for replacing the single din cage with a double din..trimming the CC unit etc etc ?

I would appreciate all your help.

Steve
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. mattyboyc

mattyboyc Active Member

[Jan 19, 2011]
    PDF on it's way.
  4. Cabbyfan

Cabbyfan Member

[Jan 19, 2011]
    I retrofitted RNS-E into my last B6 saloon, took 6 hours mainly to swap the single DIN to a double Din. I cheated though and bought a new climate module on EBay and sold my old one after the install. Its not actually that difficult, just takes time. Even my local Audi dealer said they couldnt tell it had been retro-fitted unless they looked very closely, worst but was trimming down the centre console / ashtray plastic from memory.
  5. stevereid

stevereid Member

[Jan 20, 2011]
    Thanks for that.
    What needs done with Vag-com once the RNS-e is fitted ? Just I don't have Vag-Com and the RNS-e is on its way :)
  6. Woorlord

Woorlord shifting to Hyperspace... . VCDS Map User

[Jan 20, 2011]
    It's all here - silly to repeat what has already been covered previously very well!

And all coding and adaption information can be found here at the Ross-Tech site.
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2011