RNS - E retrofit on my 2005 Audi assistance required.

Ash_174u

Reaction score
I have retrofitted the RNS - E on my early 2005 Audi A3. It have the Symphony concert, single DIN.
I have converted the single din cage in the centre console to a double din as required with the relevant parts.
I then bought the audio adaptor to connect the RNS E however some of the pins need re-adjusting as i get a Nav, radio and right speaker error displaying on the VCDS.
The original wires from my vehicle seems minimum compared to what comes out of the RNS E. looking carefully at the pins on both ends, either some do not meet or possible they are not correctly sitting in the right place.
The device actually works fine when connected with all speakers working i guess. The phone module also works. The reception to the radio is defo not strong as it used to be with the previous system.
So.....i need some help and advice.
Here are some pics to help you understand.

20130519 182118
20130519 182015
20130519 182010
Old Audi Concert audio PINs diagram - this is how it came out from the factory.
20121228 174258

So if you can help me out i would much appreciate it.

I did exactly the same conversion and all was great from the off. The difference in the number of wires doesn't matter. Do you have Bose?

As long as you used the correct antenna adapter & rns antenna connections aren't damaged, then shouldn't make any difference to the radio.

Yes I have Bose installed. Possibly need to move some pins around.

The antenna seems to attached correctly. I saw a few other threads on here regarding the antenna amps that require changing to get full strenght frequency.
I did notice something else. Once Im listening to radio, if I have my phone plugged in via the cigarette lighter to charge. (Genuine car carger) the radio reception has an interfearence.
I can only asssume this will be down to the antenna amp or something?

Its an 05, antenna amps are irrelevant.