1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RNS-E retro fit question (My car is in bits!!)

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by danc, Jul 13, 2007.

1. danc

danc New Member

[Jul 13, 2007]
    I have been following the guide on audiretrofit.co.uk to install the RNS-E unit including the single to double-DIN conversion and all was going well until I removed the single-DIN housing. In the guide the cup older and switches etc were installed in the housing, mine are installed in a metal area not attached to the housing and I have a flip-up cubby hole above the switches. What do I need to do to take this out?

Cheers.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. s8craig

s8craig Active Member VCDS Map User

[Jul 13, 2007]
    You have the wrong DIN cage, I'm guessing here as you have not provide any information about the car or the parts, but you have a cabby and you have bought the saloon/avant cage.

Dremmel the switch assembly off the top of the cage before installing it or buy the correct one.
  4. danc

danc New Member

[Jul 14, 2007]
    It looks like I did get the wrong one, I didn't know there was a difference between the Saloon and the Cabby (I have a cabby) cage so I took the top off the cage and it all went well afte that. Cheers.
  5. s8craig

s8craig Active Member VCDS Map User

[Jul 14, 2007]
    No probs, I did the same thing once, customer didn't tell me it was a cabriolet until he arrived at my workshop.