1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RNS-E Problem

Discussion in 'Satellite Navigation' started by s3ilver, Oct 7, 2010.

1. s3ilver

s3ilver New Member

I had a disc reading problem and have just replaced the dvd drive and disc reads ok now but after refitting the satnav has me pointing and travelling in the wrong direction so doesn't work. I have checked satellites and currently connected to 7 and also tried set position direction but still doesn't work.
    Anybody any suggestions?

tia
  2. s3ilver

s3ilver New Member

Just to add to this it thinks the vehicle position is about 50 yards to the right of the actual posiition so has the vehicle off road all the time and also the vehicle direction does not change it stays in same direction.

ta
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  3. dunk

dunk Member

sounds like you have lost the canbus speed update/gala connection - check the wires as they go into the plug and all the connectors
  4. s3ilver

s3ilver New Member

Took the unit out and checked all wiring & connections but still the same.

ta
  5. s3ilver

s3ilver New Member

Fit this unit a few years ago into my 2002 s3 and remember now I couldn't find where to connect the speed gala connection so just tried without connecting it and it has worked fine up till now. From memory the wire I need to connect is somewhere in the instrument cluster does anyone have any details of the wire I need.

ta