RNS-E Phonebook Sync - Not Working

iainjo

Reaction score
I'm looking for some advice on what to check next. This seems to be a fairly common theme, I have the RNS-E with Telephone Prep / Bluetooth on a 2009 A3 TFSi Quattro. When I paired my phone I got a prompt asking whether I'd allow my address book with the Audi connection to which I said yes. Nothing obvious happening so I left it a while to see if anything changed, nope. I can however browse the phonebook through the DIS but it would be nice to be able to use the voice option. I have reset the RNS-E just to see if that made a difference, no.

Common issues seem to be the comfort mode setting so I've checked this with VCDS, here are my settings below which look ok. One thing I should add is that I'm one of the few using a Windows 10 Mobile Phone.

Telephone Prep: 0011422
RNS-E: 0209757 (except wouldn't the last digit mean I have the TV tuner prep too?)

Thanks

If it's anything like the A4 you have to save the voice dialing numbers separately. They don't work by just syncing the phone book. If you press the voice button and say help it will tell you what options you have.

Thanks I'll have a look, I've now managed to download a manual so will browse that too.

The RNS-E manual barely touches upon the telephone operation, maybe a separate guide.

I can add voice dial options manually, a little painful so I've only added a few. The voice recognition works quite well though.
These voice entries aren't added to the main directory (NAME) which is expected as it would be very clever to interpret the tag.

The main directory (NAME) is where I'd hoped to sync my address book from the phone, to help with navigation, etc. An earlier Windows phone is listed as compatible for the sync and people have indicated that they've managed to sync this directory from other phones so I suspect it's my Lumia 950 and the directory structure on Windows 10 that's the issue At least the voice dial is working though.

M y car has the armrest with the cradle for the iphone 3g so yip went and bought one of them and tried to sync with stereo but not working so i wonder if someone could shed some light on this , but firstly i have to say i changed out the stereo in the car for rns-e, plus this unit has not been coded into the ecu i think thats what has to be done first then i hope it should just work away . when rns-e was fit it worked easily with the steering wheel and still does so again i wonder if the rns-e needs to be coded to ecu first any help would be great thanks in advance