RNS-E nav upgrade

poopot

Reaction score
Hi,

Newbie question, have read a lot of threads on this but want definitive answer if pos.

I have a 2007 A3 with the concert 2+, phone prep (cradle in arm rest) steering wheel buttons etc.

If I buy a RNS-E is it a simple straight swopover?

What else do I need to do? (if anything) to get it to work correctly.

Cheers in advance.

Stu

Hi,

Newbie question, have read a lot of threads on this but want definitive answer if pos.

I have a 2007 A3 with the concert 2+, phone prep (cradle in arm rest) steering wheel buttons etc.

Cheers in advance.

Stu
Not sure if your car has the Bluetooth module under the passenger seat. If not you will need that. I am selling my rns-e with the Bluetooth module and 6 disc CD changer on ebay now. If you are in the US and interested just let me know.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Not sure if your car has the Bluetooth module under the passenger seat. If not you will need that. I am selling my rns-e with the Bluetooth module and 6 disc CD changer on ebay now. If you are in the US and interested just let me know.

My car is a 2007 A4 by the way.
ce651018b0b8046db1720ab008202325.jpg
4d5f450512767d9928f864fd03f118a0.jpg

there's no module that i can see, but I can connect my phone via BT. Im in the UK unfortunately.

there's no module that i can see, but I can connect my phone via BT. Im in the UK unfortunately.
Yeah it must have the module already if you can connect. Maybe just finding the head unit with UK specs will take care of it for you. Good luck with your search.

Hi,

Cheers in advance.

Stu

Hey fella - can you take a quick snap of your dash and concert?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its a standard concert 2+. I have the display between the clocks (trip display, radio, phone calls etc). its as it came from audi.

Attachments

• IMG_9843.JPG
    IMG_9843.JPG
    545.8 KB · Views: 104
Ok - physically should just swap ... can't remember if the Pinout is exactly the same but both are the quadlock connector and I think only a few pins need moving position. The rns-e will need coding (unless the donor car had similar setup) - so access to vag-com (vcds) will be required. Gps antenna is generally supplied with second user rns-e and this will need to be positioned under the dash.

I dont have the bose speakers and I read somewhere that the pinout is the same.
Fill me in, what is the vag-com? what does it do and where do i get it done?

(edit) only had the car a week... new to audi.

Ok... So it would be needed for what in this instance? Sorry for the stupid questions.

You have to tell the RNS-e it is connected to Bluetooth etc and few other bits but it will all depend on how an RNS-e comes to you configured. Any configuration required is a 5 minute job after the physical bit is done. Tricky to speculate until you have all the bits.

Thanks for the help. Ill get the unit and fit it and go from there i guess.

Make sure you get a mk 2 unit - faster, higher resolution screen, larger capacity sd cards and compatibility with the Audi music interface for future proofing...

Cheers. Do you know what designation that is? Looking at "q" or "s".

You need to be looking for any 193 rather than a 192...

They are generally more expensive, but occasionally a decent price crops up...but the speed of the unit and the AMI compatibility plus the larger SD cards / more tracks capability make it so much better...

Thanks for the help!...

Cheers.