RNS-E mk1 vs mk2 ?

Would the RNSE turn off after an hour too or?

Does coding void warrenty?

Yes does eventually turn of, but why would you wnat to leave it running, just get it coded properly, end of :)

No, fitting/coding an rns has never in my knowledge voided a warranty.

Just installed my 2011 RNS-E and it was also pulg&play, no coding or any other problems. Extremely happy with it!

Except radio reception is really poor. Wanted: new antenna amps :(

out of interest, what are the cases when it doesnt need coding? is it dependent on model type, the previous unit you had in there, age of car etc, or other oem components being present or not present ( eg bluetooth phone prep)?

Mk1 has a cd/tv button
Mk2 has a media button

Reactions: kash_v
I have AMI. My Ipod went up the spout, so I bought an OEM AMI Lead with a Mini USB connector (£20 ish).

Now running a 40GB ext hard drive i had knocking about, plugged into the AMI, works perfectly, and shows track info on RNS and DIS. So much easier to load than the F'ing about act you have to do with itunes.

Anyone know what year they changed the MK1 to a MK2 ? Been looking online at A3's and S3's from March 2010 ->> which have Sat Nav but not sure if these have the newer or older models. Thanks.

out of interest, what are the cases when it doesnt need coding? is it dependent on model type, the previous unit you had in there, age of car etc, or other oem components being present or not present ( eg bluetooth phone prep)?

I'd also like to know this because i'm thinking about upgrading to a mk2 unit, but i don't have a mk1 at the moment so could do with the above question answering.

Oh and if it needs coding is there anyone in the West Yorkshire area that has any idea and leads to do so?

I have an RNS unit is the for sale section at the minute if anyone is interested

I don't think it is classed as a mk3, he has probably advertised it as such because of the gloss black screen surround, which is the newest addition to the unit. Other than that its a living breathing mk2. Maybe he thinks it will attract more bidders :sm4:

Slightly different for me. I've found that sometimes it takes a good few seconds (up to 10) to change songs. I've skipped songs unintentionally as I've thought that the scroll wheel movement hasn't registered so I've had another go. If I use the selector on the unit however, its instant. Bit annoying but I'll live with it.

I experience the exact same thing. Have you ever gotten this figured out?