RNS-E MK1 or MK2??

M88UES

Theres Never Enough Power
Reaction score
Hi there

interested in buying one of these as my next mod. but what are the actual diffrences between the mk1 and mk2 apart from a bit of chrome and the SD memory capacity?

mk2 is mega quick and much better screen resolution too. After having mk1 in my previous car I can say I wouldnt bother with it anymore and go with mk2 all day long.

mk2 is mega quick and much better screen resolution too. After having mk1 in my previous car I can say I wouldnt bother with it anymore and go with mk2 all day long.

+1. MK2 is a lot better and the prices of the latest ones are coming down all the time. :wub: xx

cheers for that lads

Integrated with other systems, either makes a large difference to the interior, give me a shout if looking for supply/fit solution.

The only difference I noticed is, chrome knobs, brighter screen, slightly quicker when using nav but much slower when selecting music tracks on SD cards.

Mk1 can be hacked easier too.

If i had the option i would go with anything as long as it has DAB...Planet rock rules :)

There's no doubt the MK2 is really cool, but there are so many for sale on Ebay at crazily low prices, that there must be something dodgy about them. If I didn't already have sat nav and was in the market to buy an RNS-E, but wasn't bothered about the slightly higher resoluton of the MK2 or the larger SD card capacity, I'd buy Wez's from him as you know exactly what you're getting, which is a good deal from a decent spud like Wez and being able to sleep easy at nights in the knowledge your nice new RNS-E sat nav wasn't an Ebay special that was half inched from some poor guy's car! :wub: xx

Last edited: