1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RNS-E Ipod

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by ACULL, Feb 4, 2014.

1. ACULL

ACULL New Member

Hi

Firstly I apologies as I imagine this subject has been broached multiple times, I have spent a few hours browsing the forums now and can't seem to find the exact answer.

I picked my Audi A4 Avant up on Saturday and am in love with her already! However I want to be able to use my Iphone 5 to play music, sadly I only have the 6CD changer from what I can see. I believe I have the RNS-E version as I have sat nav and a Iphone 4 cradle in my arm rest.

I am wondering what is the best method if any that will allow me to use my iPhone 5 to play and control music.

Thanks for your help.
  2. NHN

NHN Modmetractor Site Sponsor

Welcome to the site.

To get full control for artist, track & album data on the screen, you would need a mk2 rns-e & ami system, of which we supply/fit both.

What year is the A4 to be sure of what chassis it is.
  3. ACULL

ACULL New Member

Thanks NHN

57 plate, registered 2008.

This may be a stupid question but I believe there is a DVD drive behind the sat nav console is that correct? Is this where I can load the up to date map discs? Also will this play a DVD if I placed on in there or will this just destroy the thing?

Thanks
  4. NHN

NHN Modmetractor Site Sponsor

Ok then its a B7 so as advised we can kit this out.

The drive behind the motorised screen can take map dvd's or music cd's, but not used for dvd playback at all I'm afraid.
  5. ACULL

ACULL New Member

What is the cost NHN? Also what does this entail.. Will it be hidden in the glove box?