RNS-E High with hacked firmware: Map upgrade options please?

lscolman2

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a retrofit unit RNS-E High (not the high def screen), with software reported as SW: X-- (hacked to use SDS)

I've had the odd disc read error on my satnav disc, so would like to investigate if it's just the disc that's at fault, before investigating any repair of the unit.

There are many sellers on ebay selling newer maps (I currently have 2009 8P0 919 884 AD) and know that the discs often come with newer versions of firmware.

From reading on here, 0650 appears to be the latest for my unit.

Is anybody in a similar scenario and attempted to use a newer map disc with a SW: X-- firmware unit (hacked to use SDS).

I don't want to undo the work done by the retrofitters, but all attempts to contact them have gone unanswered.

Cheers, Lee

There would be 2 reasons for the X, 1 is a new pin number has been created with a hack, usually stolen unit & 2 the sds firmware has been added, incorrectly may I add.

I have the sds hack firmware & any units I've done on mk1's have always displayed correctly afterwards with 0660.

To get it back to the correct displaying data requires vcds, older firmware & possibly newer firmware to bring back up to scratch.

I can correct this & add the sds firmware correctly.

I had the SDS-high hack (and VIM) and pretty sure it showed 0650 in the version info.... I just went to Audi, bought the 2012 DVD and slotted it in. Job done.