RNS-E Glossy screen .

crypric23

Never satisfied
Reaction score
Today i have just had my sat nav changed for the one with chrome buttons
( i like ! )

Any way it has a glossy screen , looks really smart , you know the kind you have on lap tops rather than matte.

I have not seen a chrome button one in the flesh before ,

is this just how they all are ?

Glossy screen's ?

glossy screens normally mean the anti-glare has been removed

if there were bad marks on the screen the anti-glare surface can be removed

Hi Matt, how do you remove this antiglare screen? mines has a few scratches,

cal

I used displex on mine too. Some use Meguiars also.

So mine has the antiglare screen removed by the looks of it , although it looks really nice i must say.

The guys that swapped it for my non chrome button one . are going to exchange it for another when they get one in stock as used chrome button ones seem quite hard to get hold off. unless you pay silly money.

I am sure most people would not be that bothered , so if any one wants it PM ME.

I dont get it Pat, you say you like it but you dont want to keep it, did I miss something here, lol

I've not heard of the displex use on the screen, meguiars yes & has had good results.

Jonnie did a thread on this, thats something I missed, lol

(Goes to dig out the thread)

Well it might look good without but the anti glare was put there for a reason....:yes:

Well it might look good without but the anti glare was put there for a reason....:yes:

It certainly was but it only has a marginal effect. And once you get a few scratches on there they show up in nearly all light conditions. I can honestly say that there has only been one time where I couldn't see the screen fully because the sun was at that perfect angle to reflect to me. And I can't say I believe that the anti-glare would have had any effect that time.

Ah that thread images have disappeared, typical, problem for my screen is sunroof would no doubt cause issues with light, only one way to find out as can always put a new matt film over it, I'll take the screen completely out from unit & casing & do it at some point.

What if the screen has a scratch that possibly has gone through the anti glare surface?

This would mean a new screen right? Or is there a way to remove it?

I will try to take a picture tomorrow, i`m so clumsy :)

I do like it , but i would rather have one that has the screen protected , also i drove home tonight ( still daylight ) the reflection was quite annoying.

They are happy to swap it for another , so all good.

You can remove the anti glare & see to what extent it has damaged then maybe add a new anti glare film that with luck will mask any little scratch in the actual screen

I do like it , but i would rather have one that has the screen protected , also i drove home tonight ( still daylight ) the reflection was quite annoying.

Post up some day/night images please P wanna see if its any good or not, thanks.

could you let me know the seller if its off the bay as i,m lookig for one and ill prob get yours cheers Ian:whistle2:

Doesn`t the "heavy pressure" needed while using Displex damage the screen?

I don`t want to end up with bad pixels!

Ian pm sent : and Nigel evening pics as requested ( iphone only sorry )

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0271.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg