RNS-E fitted........everything works already!

crunchie

Reaction score
OK so I fitted my RNS-E about an hour ago, plugged it in just to see what it was like and EVERYTHING works without coding?

Checked-
iPod - OK
Nav - OK
Bluetooth -OK
MFSW - OK
Bose - unsure yet.
Turns on/off with the ignition as it should.

Can anyone explain this?
Do you think the previous owner had it fitted but removed it when he traded it in to the garage I bought it from?

Mine was the same. Not sure the RNS-e needs any specific coding to work.

What you may find is that your CAN gateway is locked out because a new component has been fitted that doesnt match the list of originally installed parts (this is how it was explained to me by Audi tech). This will need to be recoded to fix.

You may need to go in with VCDS anyway as you will have loads of errors relating to the time when the stereo was disconnected - mine had logged an intermittent open circuit on every speaker.

When I fitted mine everything worked perfect also, but when I met up with warren once for some error coding the rns-e bought up multiple errors. Bit of coding later and no errors were brought up I think everything will work but there could be errors popping up which you won't know about until you plug in vcds.

Oh right, thanks.
I've got cruise control to fit too so that will need coded anyway.
Cheers for he info.

But does it come up with the S3 logo on the screen when you start the car? You gotta have the right splash screen!

Just a quick question, does your AUX work? Mine doesn't but it hasn't been coded!

I also fitted the RNS head unit last week to 2010 Black edition and everything works on it as well, having said that I haven't tried the aux. I will try it tomorrow. Well chuffed with the head unit but having hella trouble trying to get the cruise coded in, check out my post on that carry-on.

If you had a concert etc before with aux, then you need to 1st code it & 2nd sort the wiring out as its not the same connection at all.

RNS units & cars network always should be coded according to whats in the car, so my advice is pull out vcds & check it.