Rns-e firmware 0650 download

gradwells

Reaction score
Where can I get the latest / last firmware upgrade for the sat nav . Using Mr Googles finest search it only gets me to pirate type download sites which I don't trust . Securely there must be a legit way of getting it ?

The legit way would be buying a nav upgrade disc from Audi. Doubt its cheap tbh. Have a look out for 0660 which is 0650 but with the SDS hack for voice control. You will need a recent navigation disc however regardless. These are avail from ebay or you can make your own, but again the only fully legit way is buying it retail from audi (or a reseller if there are any).

There's some VERY dodgy downloads out there - you wouldn't be the first person to turn your RNS-E into a very expensive brick if you use one of them.

Version 0660 is NOT official Audi software, you're reliant on the hack having been properly done - plus you'll need to rewire the phone mic via the RNS-E to get full SDS to work.

Why not just get a legit map DVD off eBay, amongst the copies there ARE some genuine Audi DVDs - yes they cost more but they are far more reliable (the only time I've ever had problems reading a map DVD are when I've used a copy).

There are no legitimate RNS-E firmware downloads best option is as Dave says get a legit map dvd and you will get the final firmware for the mk1 RNS-E. Any DVD from 2007 or later will get you the 0650 firmware and you will have a later maps.