1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RNS-E dvd updated discs question?

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by mickel5, Feb 26, 2007.

1. mickel5

mickel5 New Member

[Feb 26, 2007]
    Can anyone advise me I have a 2005 allroad with sat-nav dvd plus,the disc supplied with the car new was 8PO 919 884 C,I have been informed that the updated version comes as a double dvd set 8PO 060 884 M,can I just install the discs activating the TMC for the UK or does the RNS-E system
    need programming by a dealer ? My system already has TMC that works in the rest of Europe .

Thanks

Mike .
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 23, 2014]

3. s8craig

s8craig Active Member VCDS Map User

[Feb 27, 2007]
    Just install the first disk and let it update twice through.
  4. benw123

benw123 Moderator

[Feb 27, 2007]
    Craig's right. Whatever you do though, wait for the update process to complete, even when it looks like the RNS-E is doing nothing. I thought mine had failed, so switched it off and then on again and had lots of problems with the RNS-E thinking it still needed to update.

After cutting the power and trying again (and being more patient this time), 0550 went on fine and it's been perfect ever since.
  5. mickel5

mickel5 New Member

[Feb 27, 2007]
    Thanks again for the advice I will order the discs tomorrow and install the first disc twice as surggested,presumilly it will show when the first install has completed .

Cheers again

Mike .
  6. benw123

benw123 Moderator

[Feb 27, 2007]
    It will prompt you, but there is one stage where the progress bar sits still for a long time. Just be patient! The RNS-E will reboot twice, and I recall that the second time it does this, it powers off completely and you have to turn it on. Only do this if it doesn't come up within a few seconds.

Note that there's more information about this on http://www.navplus.us. Do a search for "software upgrade" there.