1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RNS-e DVD stuck!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by aristides, Oct 1, 2008.

1. aristides

aristides Member

Hello guys.
    I just bought a RNS-e unit from Ebay and after i did all the connecting etc i tryed using a copy DVD of the 2008 maps.

The thing is that now the DVD won`t eject and the system doesn`t even recognise it!
    I thought that even with the copy i could make a firmware update (currently 550) but it won`t read or eject the damn DVD

Any ideas?

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. redbutcher

redbutcher Member

It might be that the eject button is disabled - sometimes units ship with the button disabled to stop the map DVD being taken.

You'll need vagcom to change the coding.

4. benw123

benw123 Moderator

Is the unit still in the process of updating? This can take a long time and requires a reboot. The DVD will stay in place during this time.

Alternatively, do a search of http://www.navplus.us - there's bound to be people who've had the same issue.

5. aristides

aristides Member

Ok guys bit of recoding and everything works fine.
    The thing is that i have a Copy of the 2008 maps but it wont even update its firmware.
    Does anyone know what could be wrong?

When i press the nav or info button i get the message to wait till the DVD is read but then i get the message "Please insert DVD etc etc"

Only when i eject the DVD i get on the screen " Software Update 0650"

6. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

as far as i know, 650 is the newest so you may have updated that part ok. Are you sure the copy of the DVD is ok? The RNS-E can read the firmware update but not the actual map if the DVD hasnt been copied to its very exacting standards.