RNS-E coverage in Ireland (screenshots?)

dm_irish

Reaction score
Hi All,
Seriously looking at changing concert II to RNS-E. Does anyone have experience of what the latest coverage is like for Ireland? tom tom etc have decent coverage here but have heard bad stories about the audi coverage. Maybe the latest maps are better?

If someone could try mapping a route say to Sandyford in Dublin and zoom in to see what kind of route information you get and maybe take a picture that would be fantastic!!

MarcQuinlivan said:
you do know that there is quite a bit of work (and expense) involved in converting from single-DIN to double-DIN don't you?

You will need a new double-DIN cage, panel for hazards\ESP\coin tray, and I believe you also need a new air-con unit too.

as far as i know Audi use Teleatlas mapping. not sure how up to date they are for Ireland as a whole. I do know that the Dublin mapping has been quite good for the last couple of years, but once you go outside the main areas you're on your own.

i know exactly whats involved, you can trim the air con, about four hours work all in all and loads of how to webpages around although I would prob travel and look to get it done in the uk..

anyone have screenshots?

Hope these are of some use. Couldn't find anywhere called Sandyford but found somewhere called Sandyford Downs, don't know if this is in the same place? This is using the 2006_1 nav disc btw.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

thanks so much!!!:anbet:
thats exactly what I was looking for, coverage looks good at least for dublin so...