Rns-e coding. Still baffled.

Mark carney

Reaction score
My rnse wasn't coded for Bose. So threw a load of fault codes up for the speakers and said it was coded incorrectly. So I changed the code for Bose. Now the faults have gone. But the incorrectly coded 1 is still there. I can't get my head round it. It's an s3 on a 07. With Bluetooth. Cruise control Bose and aux. No mfsw and this is my code
9148dbc61e87331773c500db488e5fbf.jpg
any ideas where I'm going wrong. Or what I'm missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The coding looks correct to me as well. Which exact error are you getting?

Thanks mate. I've copied and pasted the fault
---------------------------------------
Address 56: Radio Labels: 8E0-035-192-RNSE.clb
Part No SW: 8P0 035 192 HW: 8P0 035 192
Component: RNS-E HIGH EU H50 0650
Revision: 06S Serial number: AUZBZ7D0008729
Coding: 0209751
Shop #: WSC 06314 000 00000
VCID: 6CD7AED64F4ADD226C-8038

1 Fault Found:
01044 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded
000 - -
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01100000
Fault Priority: 7
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 218
Mileage: 101054 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2017.01.29
Time: 15:10:31

There is a few ideas here: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/01044

After the retrofit, did you check the Gateway Installation List for errors? Any options added that you do not have?

Thanks mate. I've only had the car for a couple of months. It was already in when I got it. It's the first Audi I've ever had so I'm not to clever with them or that vcds I'm sort of learning as I go haha

you need to go the can gateway, and enable the navigation module and it'll be set ;)

Reactions: Mark carney
you need to go the can gateway, and enable the navigation module and it'll be set ;)

I just checked that mate. And the box is ticked for navigation. Is that how it should be

you just may have a gremlin so if the unit is working then just go with it and leave it. You can try just resetting your gateway. Just copy the code in the coding section and then reenter it and then reset. Often times that fixes it. You should also check your car is coded for the correct hand drive as that can be an issue as well. You can also reboot the rnse. I have a few persistent faults that cause no issues with running the equipment so I just leave them alone.

you just may have a gremlin so if the unit is working then just go with it and leave it. You can try just resetting your gateway. Just copy the code in the coding section and then reenter it and then reset. Often times that fixes it. You should also check your car is coded for the correct hand drive as that can be an issue as well. You can also reboot the rnse. I have a few persistent faults that cause no issues with running the equipment so I just leave them alone.

Thanks mate. It just does my head in little niggely things haha

try 0219751

Just tried that 1 as well. And it still did the same thing. So I just messed about trying different ones. And it's accepted that 1. As if there's a cd changer in the glove but there's not.
63153179fc74cebe1fb6720d0bcf76e6.jpg

Now it's all clear. And not saying it's incorrectly coded. The thing is. There's a receipt from Audi in all the paperwork for 280 quid for a glove box. In august. Last year. Just before I bought the car. So I'm wondering if they've took the cd changer out. But left the lead plugged in. So now it thinks there's 1 still in It.

Take the glove box out and have a look
2 x 8mm bolts underneath in the footwell
1 x 8mm bolt behind the clip on side panel (viewed with the door open)
3 x 8mm bolts on the top edge of the open glove box
Its honestly really easy to drop it out and check, just be careful as there are cables clipped to the back of it though

Take the glove box out and have a look
2 x 8mm bolts underneath in the footwell
1 x 8mm bolt behind the clip on side panel (viewed with the door open)
3 x 8mm bolts on the top edge of the open glove box
Its honestly really easy to drop it out and check, just be careful as there are cables clipped to the back of it though

Thanks mate. I will have a go at that over the weekend. Do you know if there's a push out section in ordinary glove boxes so you can fit a cd changer or would I have to change the complete glove box. I might just buy 1 off flea bay

It's a different glove box.
Ive just taken one out of mine with the AMI in as I'm trading the car in tomorrow.
No good to you though as it needs the later rnse to connect with.
I do however have a cd changer if you need one at some point

Ive just taken one out of mine with the AMI in as I'm trading the car in tomorrow.

I was just looking on flea bay then haha how much u want for it mate. I might as well put 1 in hadn't I. I wouldn't mind an ami thing as well. Can't you keep your car an extra day and swap glove boxes hahaha. Why wouldn't the ami fit in mine. Is there a difference in rns-e's

What I mean is, I've taken the glove box out with an AMI fitted in it (same slot as the cd changer) and refitted my original plain glove box.
The AMI needs the later Rnse with the media button instead of the one with the cd/tv button as it can't communicate with the earlier model

What I mean is, I've taken the glove box out with an AMI fitted in it (same slot as the cd changer) and refitted my original plain glove box.
The AMI needs the later Rnse with the media button instead of the one with the cd/tv button as it can't communicate with the earlier model

Oh right. I get you now haha I'm just pretty numb when it comes to audis. It's the first 1 I've owned and I've only had it for a couple of months. I'm just learning as I go. So won't an ami thing fit in this at all then. With the mk1 rnse ?

Some people have cut up there glove boxes though to fit the changer or AMI in!

Oh well. Never mind. I would be able to fit a cd changer tho wouldn't I.

Yeah no problem, as long as you don't mind stepping back 10 years lol

Some people have cut up there glove boxes though to fit the changer or AMI in!

That's just what I was thinking. It would be a shame to ruin this 1. Tho. Its brand new more or less. There's 1 for sale on eBay with a cd changer in. for 50 quid. But it's got a beige door on. Can the doors be changed easy enough

Yeah no problem, as long as you don't mind stepping back 10 years lol

Haha the cars 10 years old. So it would blend in quite well haha

Reactions: -Ju-
That's just what I was thinking. It would be a shame to ruin this 1. Tho. Its brand new more or less. There's 1 for sale on eBay with a cd changer in. for 50 quid. But it's got a beige door on. Can the doors be changed easy enough

I don't think its possible tbh

I don't think so tbh

I don't think its possible tbh

*** there's always something to **** on your chips isn't there haha. I will just have to get a cd changer. And keep my eyes peeled for a glove box to suit

Have you any ideas how much you want for the cd changer mate :)

You can have my cd changer for £30 delivered if thats the way you want to go, but I'd check you have the cable in there first although I do have the cable if needed!

what about the old ipod interface for the mk1 rnse ? the one with the large slot plug for the ipod ? sure i have one chucked on a shelf in the garage ,as i found a usb interface for less than £40 that connected behind the glove box and connected to the rnse and the canbus . from a 2009 that had the first gen rnse matt surround

You can have my cd changer for £30 delivered if thats the way you want to go, but I'd check you have the cable in there first although I do have the cable if needed!

Thanks mate are you in any rush to get rid of it. I won't have the money until I get paid next week. And I'll have a look over the weekend to see if there's a lead behind the glove box

No rush mate and no pressure if you don't want it.
I've got tons of stuff to get rid of!

what about the old ipod interface for the mk1 rnse ? the one with the large slot plug for the ipod ? sure i have one chucked on a shelf in the garage ,as i found a usb interface for less than £40 that connected behind the glove box and connected to the rnse and the canbus . from a 2009 that had the first gen rnse matt surround

That would do the trick mate my ipods an old 1 anyway with the same connector haha how much would you want for it mate

No rush mate and no pressure if you don't want it.
I've got tons of stuff to get rid of!

Thanks mate. I'll give you a shout over the weekend when I find out if there's a lead there for it

That would do the trick mate my ipods an old 1 anyway with the same connector haha how much would you want for it mate

if its there on the shelf , postage will be fine . as it will still be there in 10 years if not used

Reactions: -Ju- and Mark carney
if its there on the shelf , postage will be fine . as it will still be there in 10 years if not used

Awww thanks a lot mate your a star. I'll definitely have it if it's still there mate. Thanks again

would you happen to have a armrest for a 57 plate S3 without the iphone cradle as i am looking for one

would you happen to have a armrest for a 57 plate S3 without the iphone cradle as i am looking for one
shouldn't anyone from pre face-lift fit? In case on ebay there a lot of them, just check the part number.