RNS-E Bluetooth compatibility with iPhone

Avus Sportback

Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post on the forum after moving over from the VW world. Can anyone confirm whether the iPhone will connect to the RNS-E Bluetooth and will I be able to use the phonebook on the stereo to search for contacts.

Are there any drawbacks with the RNS-E Bluetooth module or can you recommend a different Bluetooth kit.

Cheers in advance

John

iphone works fine and yes you can use phone book

depends on the iphone... my 3GS was really funny, aways disconnecting and not always reconnecting... my iPhone 4 however perfect

iPhone 4 works perfect, full functions with phonebook, can't think of any drawbacks it a good OEM system

Thanks Chaps, Is it worth me fitting the RNS-E Bluetooth module over installing a Parrot Bluetooth kit for example? Can more than 1 phone be paired with the RNS-E eg. mine and girlfriends? (obviously not at same time)

Had a parrot before with 3g and now an RNSE which definitely works well with iphone 4. Get the RNSE! Way better

There is no way to play music direct from IPhone 4 without iPod dock in glovebox but I just put favourite tunes on sd cards - voila!

I had the iphone 3G with my last A3 and it worked fine with bluetooth, now I have a newer A3 and my iphone 4 also works perfectly. One of my mates has an A4 cabriolet and the bluetooth kit he has, which isnt OEM lets him stream music from his iphone as well as the other usual features, although with what he has he has no voice controls.