RNS-E aerial how do you know if you have the right one...

TAC

Reaction score
Is there any way of telling if you have the right aerial to retro fit an rns-e so that reception is perfect.

Will be calling Audi tomorrow to find out for sure but thought I'd test the brains on here first!

My car is an 06 s-line and I have the sharkfin antena on the roof if that helps.

Reading Audi Parts prove to be useless informing me that an RNS-e could not be installed in my 06 plate car... hmm interesting.... they also didn't have a clue about how much a magnetic gps aerial/antena for the rns-e would be let alone what one is?

What is a parts service for...... surely they should be knowledgeable folk.....

You pay peanuts...you get monkeys. Thats the problem with all service type industries in the south these days. you would think that a kid in Curry's would know about electrical goods but most of them struggle with English and the basics like breathing and walking.

Reading Audi Parts prove to be useless informing me that an RNS-e could not be installed in my 06 plate car... hmm interesting.... they also didn't have a clue about how much a magnetic gps aerial/antena for the rns-e would be let alone what one is?

What is a parts service for...... surely they should be knowledgeable folk.....

Sticking my neck out here but unless you have had the boggo NAV from the factory and are upgrading to RNSE then, you wont have the correct radio antenna. I have Phone prep+BT+Sharkfin and still need the antenna retro fit in the tailgate.
iirc the bits are around £200.

JohnS3, NHN etc...are the gurus on this stuff. In fact JohS3 sent me the list of bits inc. part Nos for the upgrade.

Im just plodding with the SD cards and TBH dont really miss the crap music and inane babble the radio spews out 90% of the time anyway.:drag:

Good luck

Cheers
Paul

Sticking my neck out here but unless you have had the boggo NAV from the factory and are upgrading to RNSE then, you wont have the correct radio antenna. I have Phone prep+BT+Sharkfin and still need the antenna retro fit in the tailgate.
iirc the bits are around £200.

JohnS3, NHN etc...are the gurus on this stuff. In fact JohS3 sent me the list of bits inc. part Nos for the upgrade.

Im just plodding with the SD cards and TBH dont really miss the crap music and inane babble the radio spews out 90% of the time anyway.:drag:

Good luck

Cheers
Paul

Cheers for that, its actually NHN's RNS-E I've bought!!! So for it to work you need an antenna in the rear tailgate the? Is this in the reasr screen or in the actual tailgate??

May be doing as you do with the old SD cards!!!! Lets hope not!!

What reg is your car?

Cheers for the info..

Tom

Tom, I've already contacted a guy I know about the additional parts for the install mate, if its ok with you I will get these all sorted for you, so leave that with me fella if thats ok & antenna system, dont worry to much as I'm sure its ok.

Tom which is your unit, 1st or 2nd:

Audi-A3-04-EVO-radio.jpg

radio.jpg

Hey Nige, is the Ariel in the tailgate the two vertical lines in the glass ?

Cheers for that, its actually NHN's RNS-E I've bought!!! So for it to work you need an antenna in the rear tailgate the? Is this in the reasr screen or in the actual tailgate??

May be doing as you do with the old SD cards!!!! Lets hope not!!

What reg is your car?

Cheers for the info..

Tom

57 Plate mate.

cheers
Paul

Tom which is your unit, 1st or 2nd:

Audi-A3-04-EVO-radio.jpg

radio.jpg

Its the first one, and thats great that your mates are on the case about the parts.

Cheers for that Nigel, I am obviously in very capable hands....

keep in touch

Cheers
Tom:beerchug:

No worries, just saves you the hassle & no problem for me to help you out mate least I can do huh fella, lol.

Be in touch very soon.