1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RNS-E, adding current position?

Discussion in 'Satellite Navigation' started by Andy H, May 3, 2010.

1. Andy H

Andy H Member

As a long time TomTom user and getting used to the built in RNS-E system, I would like to be able to add an entry into the system for where I currently am. So if I get taken to a place by someone and wnat to remember it or if I have struggled to find a place based on post code etc, can I just add my current position as a point to remember? Been through the manual and haven't found this feature yet but it may just be me having a quick look.

Thanks,
    Andy

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jb0o

jb0o North East Forum Moderator
    Site Sponsor Regional Rep VCDS Map User

Nope, this would be classed as a POI and you can't edit or create POI's on the RNS-E unit unfortunately.

4. Andy H

Andy H Member

I was thinking more along the lines of being able to save the route. If I enter a postcode or address to a location I know then I can save that destination so I can navigate back there again at any time i.e. home I now have saved. Can I not save my current position in the same way? Or even fool it by mapping to current position and then saving that route?

I quite often find that a postcode might be a long way out and therefore want to save the real position for better guidence at a later date or just have places that I have struggled to find and want to avoid that in the future.

5. DJAlix

DJAlix Comfortably Dumb!
    Audi Sport Owner Group Team Glacier saloon Gold Supporter VCDS Map User Audi A3 S-line

There is an option to save your current location. I have done this for my office as it shows as being off road. I cannot remember how to do it off the top of my head but when I pop out to the car later I will take some notes and post up here.

6. Andy H

Andy H Member

I have found it now. I went out for a drive around the village, must of looked a bit mad as I kept stopping and driving around and around!

Go to map and highlight the options on the right. One of these is a chequered flag, select this. From here you can add current location to the directory and bingo you have saved the current position to be recalled later.