1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RNS-E 2010 NAV DVD - SW/FW Update?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Hellz, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Hellz

Hellz Geordie Racer

[Jan 21, 2010]
    Hi All,

As of today I've gone from the 2009 RNS-E NAV DVD to the 2010 edition. Does anyone know whether the 2010 version includes a firmware and/or software update? Mine doesnt see to have updated?

If a firmware/software update exists on the disc are there particular steps one should take in order to install the updates?

My SW version is currently at 0650 and for some reason the Nav Voice only comes out of the left speakers, I've read other posts that discuss a resolution to this but it seems like such a faff! was hoping a move to the 2010 disc might correct the problem...
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. TAC

TAC 3.2 V6 Burble... hmmmmmmm

[Jan 21, 2010]
    Is your RNSE a retro fit? Does your car have BOSE if yest to both that may be the issue..
  4. markyzs180

markyzs180 Member

[Jan 21, 2010]
    no software update on the 2010 disc for your model (well there is but it is 0650 which you've got anyway!)

sounds like a coding error with your unit, set up for a lhd rather than rhd, do you know anyone with vagcom who can check the coding?
  5. Hellz

Hellz Geordie Racer

[Jan 21, 2010]
    When I bought the car the RNS-E was already fit but on checking PlanetVAG these codes from my service book tend to suggest the car didnt come from factory with RNSE:

PRCode: 7Q0 = without navigation device
    PRCode: 7A0 = without CD changer/CD player (This one seems to suggest it didnt even come with a CD player?)

And yes, the car has BOSE although I couldnt see that this had been fit from factory either - was BOSE standard on S-Line models? :eek:

And no marky, unfortunately I dont know anyone with VAGCOM :(
  6. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

[Jan 21, 2010]
    There is indeed a setting for getting the NAV out of the driver side but you do need VAGCOM. There could be some member near Newcasle with it that may help :)
  7. TAC

TAC 3.2 V6 Burble... hmmmmmmm

[Jan 21, 2010]
    I just had NHN fit RNSE to my car lastweekend and my car has BOSE when fitting with bose there is a need to move one of the wires on the back of the quadlock to get it to work correctly with the bose speakers. PM NHN he will def be able to help you. Think that may be yor problem. BOSE wont have been retro fitted as a very complicated process.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  8. markyzs180

markyzs180 Member

[Jan 21, 2010]
    Sounds like it may all be retrofit then bud? if your speakers all work ok then i suspect it is just the coding for the nav. why not pop a post over in the vcds (vagcom) section and see if theres anyone local who can hook you up? in case there is they will need to go into nav system (STG56) -> Adaptation (Function 10) then check that channel 136 is set to 00013 (RHD Europe)
  9. N8

N8 Kowalski Details VCDS Map User

[Jan 21, 2010]
    Where you get your unit from? How much you pay?