1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RNS-D to RNS-E upgrade, old stuff I know but help needed in Technophobe speak please

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Bluevane, May 20, 2010.

1. Bluevane

Bluevane New Member

Hi, I have a 2002 A4 3.0 Cabriolet, with the RNS-D sat nav fitted. It has no Bose or Phone or TV. Because the system is pretty **** I bought a RNS-E system on eBay, part number 8E0 035 192 T

I have the Plug & Play lead, and the aerial adapter, so I plugged it all in, and found the following problems:

No illumination on the buttons - it would appear that the wire (grey and black I think) in the car that has 12 volts when the lights are turned on has no corresponding wire on the PNP socket?

No display on the dash for CD/Radio Station/Navigation information - the 26 pin plug in the car that sends all this info to the dash does not match the 32pin socket on the RNS-E system which says 32 pin AMP connector on the RNS-E label?

Apart from that it all works fine - the glove box CD is all okay and the Navigation system seems okay too.

So guys, what do I need to do to rectify those few problems please...

Many thanks
  2. BILKO1

BILKO1 Member

Your car / the RNS-d uses a bosch can system you need to find a convertor box which lets the Audi can system talk to the Bosch system and modify the wiring. I had to do this on my A4Q Avant when i retro fitted my RNS-E. If you do a search over at http://audiforum.us/ or post the question someone will help you. My convertor box was in the boot behind a panel i had to modify the aerial wiring too.
    EDIT
    here's the link to the same problem as you. http://audiforum.us/rns-e/11777-rns-d-rns-e.html
    Last edited: May 20, 2010
  3. 1wheelonly

1wheelonly cabriolet

will also need coding to your car
  4. Bluevane

Bluevane New Member

Thanks Bilko1

Wow, sounds super complicated, anyone know a pro who fits them in North West Kent/South East London area?

Cheers
  5. 1wheelonly

1wheelonly cabriolet

pm a guy on here, " NHN " he will sort ya !!