RNS-D to RNS-E - A Unique Question...

cobraBLACK

Chocolate? It's doo-doo, baby!
Reaction score
I've researched on audiforum.us, etc. but I cannot work out exactly what I need for my exact setup.

I have a 53/04 B6 S4 with RNS-D CD sat nav, CD changer and Bose sub and amp.

Which parts do I need for it to all work with an RNS-E please?

I'll be doing this swap myself on Monday, I've got an adapter harness that will allow you to connect your original multiplugs to the RNS-E, a adapter for the radio aerial, and for the sake of £11 I bought a new gps antenna as I was unsure of they were different or not.

As far as I'm aware this lot should allow you to plug and play but the unit will have to be coded via vagcom to your cars Ecu and dis.

I'm hoping that's all the case anyway, I'll report back on Monday evening with the conclusion!

Az.

Thanks. I don't have direct access to VAG-COM. What's involved with the 'coding'?

Your telling the navigation what car you have and what options you have like sound system (bose), bluetooth, multifunction steering wheel etc. The units you buy off ebay are not always what they appear they may have had a faceplate change to fit a different model audi so the coding will be wrong. Some times you get lucky and it all works but there willl be error codes that should be cleared, and you should also check the coding of the instrument cluster, but seeing as you already have nav it should have the correct coding.