Risk it for a chocolate biscuit or will it be crap ???

TDI140

Reaction score
Is this too good to be true ? Upgraded tfsi intercoolers for £185.00

I have just bought that exact intercooler. Quality of cooler seems good. The fixing for air con rad hose bracket is off. Doesn't come with any bolts to attach to rad or air on rad need to source these prior to fitment. I pressure tested mine prior to fitting held 22 psi no problems. Very good for the money.

I have just bought that exact intercooler. Quality of cooler seems good. The fixing for air con rad hose bracket is off. Doesn't come with any bolts to attach to rad or air on rad need to source these prior to fitment. I pressure tested mine prior to fitting held 22 psi no problems. Very good for the money.
Have you dyno'd your car after fitting and what did it run before and after ? And gains ? Thanks

I haven't had it on dyno post fitting. Prior to fitting had a ebay twintercooler car made 272 bhp. Feels just as strong if not slightly more pull. Volume of intercooler isn't far off std intercooler and twintercooler but I no longer have the additional pipe work to pressurise. Mines a A3 tfsi btw if I get chance I'll get out and do some logs to compare it to twintercooler setup

ooo now im interested! also, sell me your ebay twintercooler? lol
The twintercooler will be going up for sale if you have a sline bumper can also include modified fog light grills to accommodate the extra pipe work. Hit me with a pm.

I will be able to get logs for the larger intercooler today. After a good blast last night I am well impressed with it and would recommend it as an upgrade.

Right ran some Logs tonight did 4 wot 3 rd gear runs to redline with an ambient temp of 3.5 degrees. The maximum inlet temp seen was 8 degrees on all runs. So we have a max of 4.5 degrees above ambient temp. My old setup would see about 10 degrees above ambient. For the price this intercooler is I think that's some fantastic results.

This is very interesting... I could sell my standard item for more than that.

Im not sure if this is suitable for an s3 maybe just an upgrade from the tfsi 200bhp a3 plastick intercooler, i think THS is best one for the s3 or airtec, forge one is just outragiously priced

i will be getting mine remapped once I have fitted a new actuator. And will post results then. Looking at the results from logging today I can't see the Ths cooler being worth £415 more of an upgrade.