Ripped off...maybe ???

Eyeball Paul

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just had my No 3 coil replaced on my S3 by Portsmouth Audi and i think i may have just been shafted, they charged me £27.91 + vat for the part which is not to bad however they charged me £98.00+vat to fit the ****** thing, its a 10 min job for *&^*% sake !!!

is this right....???

Oh and does anyone know if an oil filter change is part of a major service as they never done mine !!!

If you had asked on here someone could have told you how to do it...hell,some members live in pompey so they could of fitted it for you.

Oh hello and welcome

I would agree that, what i assume is an hours labour, is a bit high. I can change all 4 in 20 mins, taking my time. Maybe they had some admin time too, but still..

Oil filter should always be changed when they do an oil change. Thats my understanding.

I would give them a call, and ask them for more information.

The minimum time they can book is 1hr. It's not a dealership issue as such, they have to go by the Audi 'book'.

You'll not get anywhere complaining to them, you might be better off calling Audi customer services directly.

The minimum time they can book is 1hr. It's not a dealership issue as such, they have to go by the Audi 'book'.

Thought they could charge for 0.5 hours?
You'll not get anywhere complaining to them, you might be better off calling Audi customer services directly.

This is also true, what exactly are you going to say to them? 'It's a ten minute job'? why didn't you do it yourself if it was a ten minute job would be their reply?

You take your car to the dealers, you pay their prices I'm afraid.

Robbing Bast***s !! I charged my mate £20 so supply & fit a spurious one as they cost £15 from GSF !!

Well i think the moral of the story here is, DONT use the dealers!!!

Mate in future look for a speciailists to get the work done, it will often be a better job and cheaper as well.