RIP TURBO

akash_sky1

Reaction score
Turns out my boost issues are most likely the turbo on its way out..will be confirmed soon, apparently its smoking at idle now -(
Was having erratic boost then no boost, and v jumpy idle.

Just spent loads getting a the Sachs clutch sorted now this...What luck I have.
Anyway options are :
OEM K03 refurb
K03 Hybrid from turbodynamics- would be the first one ever! And let me keep current Intake /downpipe
K04- most appealing but much more ££ and new injectors, IC pipework, intake and downpipe needed, or atleast adaptation to fit existing K03 Neuspeed Intake.

Thoughts? Already have the HPFP and Sachs to handle the extra power.

if you're thinking of swapping cars just get a hybrid for now

i'd imagine if this is the first one you'd get a favourable rate too

Yes I dont really want to waste more money on this as its not an S3 and miles getting high so resale is becoming lower....
TDynamics do a hybrid option for about £250 + Vat an courier which sounds not bad at all...I can give my mechanic free laser whitening so that should save me near £300!

Yes I dont really want to waste more money on this as its not an S3 and miles getting high so resale is becoming lower....
TDynamics do a hybrid option for about £250 + Vat an courier which sounds not bad at all...
i would go for that if your not going to have the car for too much longer as its more economical to do so otherwise if you were keeping it get a big turbo on there and be done with it lol , i had a hybrid turbo on my old rs turbo it gave so much more torque than the standard size turbo and spooled up quicker even tho it was bigger

Possibly if it fixes my turbo faster!

i meant from him, not from you lol. i had enough dentist mates from uni not to worry about dental treatment, and i still plan on going to dental school myself in 18 or so months' time if i can get a place on an accelerated programme!

Our of interest what mileage has this turbo done ?

Can anyone help me get a part number for the car's turbo incase I need to order a new one, as Audi Glasgow wont give me one, as it wont be off the car till tommorow or friday and need it asap

If you were thinking of selling or swapping the car,I'd fit an OEM one,to avoid any problems when selling.
If you're thinking of upping the power,don't waste money on a hybrid,as it won't get significantly beyond 400bhp,and in real terms,that's not a whole lot more than the maximum from a K04.

If you were thinking of a bigger tuirbo,be prepared for at least a £5k bill,and more if you factor in uprated pistons and rods on an A3 as opposed to an S3,and I would give Carl or Kev at Revo a call for their views on hybrids,as well as your local GIAC dealer.

Ive seen a couple of well priced K03s on ebay, might pick one of those up, mechanic seems sceptical that mine will be fixable!
Whichever I used, I think I will get it sent to Turbodynamics to make a k03 hybrid, giving me 300bhp and allow me keep current intake/downpipe/DV set up.

All being well turbo is being to TD in Devon tommorow, where hopefully it will be in good enough order for them to hybrid. ( I think it will).
This will involve a larger compressor wheel and a clipped turbine, and ported housing..Niiiiiiiiiiiiice. Just hope they can do it.

Can anyone help me get a part number for the car's turbo incase I need to order a new one, as Audi Glasgow wont give me one, as it wont be off the car till tommorow or friday and need it asap

What year & engine code is it? I'll see if I can find the number.