1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rio carbon mp3 player probs

Discussion in 'Home Cinema, Hi-Fi and Gadgets' started by trekbiker, Feb 26, 2005.

1. trekbiker

trekbiker Member

Hi

recently bought the above, just installed the hardware. trying to transfer music onto it. can't because:

1. the rio carbon icon is not showing on the LH panel of 'rio music manager' (not recognising it thru USB probably)

2. i cannot turn the power on the unit on and the battery symbol is showing on the screen

is it just that the battery is flat and does this charge thru the usb lead??

help please /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif
  2. TIRO

TIRO Member

Hi mate

I have a Rio Karma, and use the forum on this website. The users are very helpful.

I am sure they can help you with your problems.

Riovolution

Good Luck

Tim
  3. arthurfuxake

arthurfuxake Controversial & Contradictive

Just beware that the USA work on 110Volts and we're on 240Volts. Check that your power supply can handle that much voltage.
  4. trekbiker

trekbiker Member

the plug(US fit) has 110/240v on it, so i'm assuming that should i buy an adapotr and plug it in, then power will switch over. otherwise, i have bought a completely useless mp3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif
  5. arthurfuxake

arthurfuxake Controversial & Contradictive

you'll be ok with just an adapter. Luckily these days multi-voltage power supply units are very common so you're almost there.