1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rings... black & white

rOb_A Jun 24, 2012

1. rOb_A

rOb_A Active Member

well I've continued with some small changes since i got me BE a few weeks ago. not too keen on the chrome rings on Ibis car so....

rear.. i think they are a tad too small but look great in gloss black. would like the A3 in black but can't find any.

[​IMG]

front.. sure this will mixed opinions but in Ibis with lacquer, for me they look great.

[​IMG]

took your advise Amar, the black rings have gone..:laugh: i think the B&W theme looks spot on.
    will post some better pics once i get round to a good clean and polish/seal.

MartayMcFly likes this.
  2. thefloyd

thefloyd shine on

I like the black mate,thinking of getting some,thanks for comment on my car....

3. coolevilangel

coolevilangel Member

looks nice that mate:thumbsup:

4. rOb_A

rOb_A Active Member

no problem lad. just came from a phantom black SB, so had to go the other way. I like Ibis, its my second one. I think the BE is good spec/finish, abate the chrome rings and BE grill :laugh:

5. thefloyd

thefloyd shine on

I love ibis and the black roof just makes it,,

6. mjr901

mjr901 Parts Manager - (Main Dealer) Gold Supporter Audi S3 Audi Main Dealer

Like it mate!

If i wasn't too busy trying to fix electrical problems on the girlfriends Renault Clio i'd make a start on the Audi!

7. Brodster

Brodster Well-Known Member Team Ibis VCDS Map User Audi Avant Owner Group Audi S4

I still prefer the black rings front and back but then again I am bias.

[​IMG]

8. rOb_A

rOb_A Active Member

been there, done that :laugh: pressed plates coming ?

9. Brodster

Brodster Well-Known Member Team Ibis VCDS Map User Audi Avant Owner Group Audi S4

I dont doubt it.....this was day one of ownership though so the car has minimal mods. Getting there now though lad.

10. rOb_A

rOb_A Active Member

tbh wish i had your lump... i like the mpg but would like more bhp.. why can't you have both!? :drag:

your car is mint lad!

11. amar06fbr

amar06fbr Vorsprung Durch Technik

12. rOb_A

rOb_A Active Member

13. amar06fbr

Yea sure i can. :yes:

14. Cruiser89

Cruiser89 Advanced In Car Tech Site Sponsor

Nice...

Might take the plunge on mine now iv seen them.

In regards to the A3 badge, why don't you buy some new ones and get them dipped? Can't be too costly on the pocket.

15. JoeyC84

JoeyC84 New Member

Lovely car that. Where would i be able to get some of them rear tail lights apart from an audi dealership?

16. quattro81

quattro81 All the gear.. No idea

I like it blob! I think I prefer the rings in white on the front now I've seen them in a pic.. the contrast makes them stand out better from a distance.. tbh wouldve thought they'd seem a bit weird on paper, but in the flesh - i like:yes:

17. FranA3

FranA3 events moderator Regional Rep Gold Supporter Audi A3 Team Brill Red

yeah i like that mate looks good :wub:

18. amar06fbr

am starting to like this B&W mix now,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. rOb_A

rOb_A Active Member

no keen on the rep wheels but that car looks sweet :wub: Great find, who's the car?
    might look at getting the side mirrors wrapped. is it expensive ?

20. rOb_A

rOb_A Active Member

are they reps ? Is it an rs3? can't tell as I'm on my phone

21. rOb_A

rOb_A Active Member

Thanks lad :detective2:

22. rOb_A

rOb_A Active Member

yep it's an rs3 :wub::wub:... oh yeah & :o.k:

23. amar06fbr

its a propa RS3 :slapped:, they oem wheels, i think they look :wub:. yea the mirrors look fab. not sure, i would rather spray them would get a better finsh.

24. quattro81

quattro81 All the gear.. No idea

I love that amar... I just wanna see one with those wheels and the rims in blue on black with cornflower or sepang blue paint :wub:

25. amar06fbr

yeap i wouldnt mind seeing that aswell, its a good combo, esp that yellow RS3
    [​IMG]

26. rOb_A

rOb_A Active Member

yep that does look good :yum:

27. Niaz

Niaz New Member

hii mate u see the white audi rings u got is it in matte or gloss?

28. rOb_A

rOb_A Active Member

gloss lad, i lacquered them once i put them in ibis. will get a better pic up when i can

29. Medlen1985

Medlen1985 New Member

Hi there. The car is looking great there. I am new to this forum and have recently done my rings and badges black and the grille and wing mirrors Please look at my post. I used some magic stuff called plasti dip. You can spray it directly onto the car without removing anything. And if you don't like it you can peel it off. Fanastic stuff. I done everything with one tin which was around 13 pounds so a cheap and massively easy solution. Cheers Jamie.

30. Helifella

Helifella Co-Driver ~ Hattie Moderator Regional Rep VCDS Map User

My BE never had the grill badge, just the wing badges, which are now sat in the door pocket, replaced by gloss black S-Line badges with red detail.

31. rOb_A

rOb_A Active Member

any pic's hellifella of the sline badges in black? yep my car came with the BE grille but I changed it the next day for a BE S3 grille, so replaced the S3 badge for the S Line. looks good imo :salute: