Ring, Ring, Ring: Hello Mr. *#^ our server is getting error messages from your computer

45bvtc

The Older I Get The Better I Was
Supporter
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
I now say: "I know, I know, thank you for letting me know"

followed with

"I've had to send the darn thing away for repair"

And they hang up...
16.gif

End of...
4224.gif

Reactions: MuPPeT_ON_TouR, Bristle Hound, Sandra and 3 others
Embrace these calls, it the only way. Have fun and waste as much of their time as you possibly can. The longer they spend with you the less time they have to screw over the more gullible people.

Reactions: Andy101, JonChalk, 45bvtc and 5 others
Embrace these calls, it the only way. Have fun and waste as much of their time as you possibly can. The longer they spend with you the less time they have to screw over the more gullible people.

I had one and kept him chatting for ages, he then told me he had taken remote access to my PC and that it had a real nasty virus to which I said I know, I wrote it and I had actually hacked into his PC whilst we were chatting. I then started shouting over to my dog....Max... have you got me an address yet?....OK......are the police on their way?
This was followed by lots of frantic swearing on the end of the phone and them hanging up. I ****** myself laughing because I think he actually believed me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Andy101, Bristle Hound, 45bvtc and 1 other person
Oh I love these types of calls

I spend a good 20mins listening to their instructions but not following them letting tjem get more and more frustrated. One told me if I didn't take him seriously he would cut off my broadband immediately. He was shocked when my response was "no you won't I'm not even on talktalk I'm with a totally different provider"

Reactions: Andy101, 45bvtc, CHEZ and 1 other person
First comment on the replies to this thread is, "I'd never ever buy a BT branded phone - now that is asking for trouble, ie overheating/over charging batteries", better to still with Panasonic I've found.

At least most of the "Microsoft" people that phone me up have British names, pity they don't sound very British! I keep trying to remember to change into "very old woman" mode, and try to have a "nice" chat with them, but so far I've failed and tell them to F--k off, which usually ends up with a response like "would you talk to your father like that?" to which I reply "no and he is dead" then they start probably swearing - and not in any British language I've heard before, w#nkers!

Reactions: CHEZ
I either string them along for a while then tell them I only have an iPad, not a PC or that I'm a computer engineer and that I can sort the problem myself thanks.

Slightly different call.....i had one of these accident claim firms call me for two weeks...one day they called me 5 times. I eventualy decided to answer.... it went like this.... (as god is my witness this is exactly what was said).

Them.... hello sir, im calling about the recent accident you had.
Me........ ohhhh ok.....
Them.... the accident you recie ed an injury in.
Me...... ohhhh that one.
Them.....yes sir.
Me...... do you mean the one in which my head fell off.....
Them....i beg your pardon
Me....oh sorry....let me explain....i fell over and myhead fell off...
Them....errrrrm....just let me speak to my supervisor....please hold.

Two minutes pass.....

Them....hello sir..... my supervisor thinks we cant help you .... sorry sir......

Reactions: Sandra and 45bvtc
Once recently I was obviously bored and said that I had enjoyed my accident, very nice experience - but it did not put them off. Latest one was for my TV warranty, it is just about to expire, our newist TV is almost 10 years old, I think that I weakened that time and handed out the usual F off bit of advice.

Edit:- my wife is very civil when this happens to her and always asks where they got our number as it is TPS listed, they always say "sorry, goodbye" - now where is the fun in doing that?

I always get the "We're calling about the accident you were involved in"

Them: Mr XXX, we're calling about the accident you've recently been in.
Me: Oh yes, but I'm fine now...I'm sorry to hear about your accident.
Them: I haven't been in an accident sir.
Me: Well you will be if you call me again.
Them: Hangs up!

Reactions: Andy101, Sandra and Phil Angel
People still use landline phones?

Reactions: Sandra, 45bvtc and Tj 0785
Just tell the kids it's Father Christmas and pass them the phone. Priceless.

Reactions: Ghost
I agreed with the caller, that I had indeed been involved in an accident and had gone through all the medicals and was just waiting for the settlement cheque that was promised, they asked how much I had settled for, I replied £3,000 and was told that in fact it was £3,600 and I should get the cheque in the next couple of days.
Needless to say I'm still waiting.:sadlike: