1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rightclick Remote Locking - Key Blades

aragorn Jul 27, 2008

1. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

I've been to two key cutting places now trying to get the blades for the remote keys cut and both places say they cant do it

The place today did it while i watched and the woman couldnt get the key blade to grip in her vice thing, The original audi key gripped fine, but the champher on the edge of the rightclick blade meant it kept slipping out of the clamp when she tried to tighten it

Anyone had similar issues? Is it just a crappy blade or what?

Anyone know if the blades for proper audi keys that can be purchased on ebay will fit the rightclick fob?

Cheers
    Kevin

2. Fraser

Fraser Member

what is a right click fob?

do you mean this?

[​IMG]

if so I bought this one from ebay and had it cut locally for £15

3. aragorn

Its an aftermarket central locking kit, which comes with audi style fobs and removable blades.

The first place wanted £15 to cut them and then said they couldnt do it as the key kept slipping, second place said it was free as they couldnt garuntee it without the immobiliser transponder but she also couldnt do it as it kept slipping from the vice on the milling machine.

4. g60leigh

g60leigh Well-Known Member

what is the 2 letter code on your original key?

5. aragorn

HAA

6. g60leigh

g60leigh Well-Known Member

7. aragorn

yer i'm thinking they might, but i'm not sure if they'll fit the rightclick fob as they're designed for the proper vag fob

Just trying to find out if anyone else has had any similar issues with this kit, as it was someone on here who recommended it.