1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Right. Who can beat this??

AlexStanley Sep 15, 2003

1. AlexStanley

AlexStanley Member

I was bored on the way home tonight, so I thought I'd switch my DIS onto the instant fuel consumption setting, and was seeing how low I could get it...

Far be it for me to condone wreckless driving, but I managed to get it down to 6.0mpg /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Can anyone do better? (or worse, depending on your outlook...)

2. DavidR

DavidR Active Member

5.2 round Knockhill...

3. DavidR

DavidR Active Member

Tried it in an A2 TDi, even at full throttle, could not get below 23.4mpg /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

4. AlexStanley

AlexStanley Member

Was that in a chipped or stock motor? My 6.0 was from a stock 210bhp S3..

5. DavidR

DavidR Active Member

Stock. It averaged 8.0mpg over 30laps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

6. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

Will have to do some checking with VAG-COM plugged in on my chipped A3T and see what I get... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. AlexStanley

AlexStanley Member

I managed to get 5.0mpg out of the other half's TTR 225 yesterday - flat out in 2nd and 3rd gears /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

8. DavidR

DavidR Active Member

You must have jammed the roof half open and filled the boot to capacity (with a single comb and hair crimpers) to get the required air resistance and weight to get that low /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

9. AlexStanley

AlexStanley Member

Err.. surprisingly not - left the crimpers at home /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

And I readily admit I'm very overweight, but not by that much /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

10. DavidR

DavidR Active Member

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif