right where to start !

bigdavie

please speak slowly so i'll understand !
Reaction score
i only have one key for my audi ! do i have to go through audi for a new one or can i buy one off ebay etc ?

i need a cv joint replaced ,this is on order and should be here in a few days. any hidden problem's awaiting me when i fit this ?

the car has had a replacement abs pump at some point and consequently the brakes are very spongey is there any hidden tips or special equipment needed to bleed these brakes or is it just as straight forward as it looks ?

many thanks

If your car has ABS only then to bleed the brakes is easy. I can send you the procedure if you pm me with an email address car year engine/gearbox code if you have ESP then its harder as you're supposed to operate the pump during the bleed process to ensure fresh hydraulic fluid cycles through it.

thanks for the reply !
i dont know if it has esp ! it has asr tho ? is that the same thing ?

cheers

You need to hook it up to the Audi diagnostics or vagcom might be able to do the same thing. you should post this question on the vagcom forum and see if they can help

for the key go through Audi i bought a used key off the web and there is so many options for the alarm section it was not worth it. In the end just bought the whole thing from audi.

right i really need this sorted ! i have vagcom of sorts ! ie a copy found in the car ! unregistered as far as i can tell ! can i run the abs pump from this unregistered version of vag com ? all replies greatfully received !

ty davie

the cv boot you need a special tool to do the job have you got it ?

as for a key i bought a blank one off ebay and vw cut it for me free of charge then its just a case of getting audi to program it to the car

special tool ? you mean for the band that holds the boot on ? nah but then again i never use those bands ! i use good old fashioned cable ties for that !

no i think its an allen key or something i had mine done recently the other week in fact and a couple of garages didnt have the tool to do the job but i got it done in the end for arounf £35 bargain i thought

an allen key ? hmmm !
well i have elsawin on order and have autodata so i'll soon know exactly what i need ! cheers for the heads up tho fella !