Right, sad to say

Adam-D

Reaction score
audi mot is up begiining of dec,

all fine and dandy, but no one wants it for 2k
and now someone/thing has broke the windscreen.

so i may be breaking it come dec. everything will be availible.
nothing mechanically is wrong with it,
everything wil be availible down to last screw as i want every penny i can get from it.

****** shame, it really really is.

frontright.jpg

cover.jpg

Image009.jpg

disksnpads.jpg

audisuspension.JPG

audi9.jpg

would like the big stuff gone first

17" alloys, 2 brand new tyres 2 are nearly new
£350

engine and all ancilaries afm, starter, alt etc
£300

gearbox
£250

seats
£50

boot side panels and carpet
£30

load cover
£50

arm rest and centre bit,
£40

exhaust, jetex full stainless steel system.
£300

front disks, pads, calipers
£150

door cards, black with cream insert
rear cards have been modded to accept components
£40

wood trim
£20

im open to offers collection preferr'd

Its going to take you a fair while to recoup 2k on breaking her.

Sadly they don't fetch much more than 1500 ATM Complete

so whats actually worng with it? cracked screen?

i would think about it a bit more

1. keep it, it looks pretty good, its cost you a bit? so get your moneys worth out of it and run it into the ground, then break it

2. sell it at a bargain price, ive seen your car (bought the seats that wouldnt fit of you) it looks mint but white isnt to everyones taste and anyone buying a v6 wants a bargain to justify fuel costs, if you advertise at £1500, take best offer over a grand and its gone, your out of pocket but so are most people selling there cars

3. break it, you will struggle to make anything like 2k in my opinion and it will take a long time
you want £300 for the engine, i couldnt shift a perfectly good 1.8na for £100 or best offer, in the end i left it out for the local gypos to rob just to save myself the hassle of getting rid
im breaking another car at the moment but im unemployed so have plenty of time in the day while its still light, ive got plenty of storage space, an understanding mrs and 1000+ pos feedback on ebay
being realistic i hope to make a few hundred quid profit and get some free parts for my other cars, but it might be jan before i even get my money back
i started this week and ive sold facelift heater vents £32 locking pump £95 seat harness £20 and armrest £65 this just about covers delivery and used turbo i bought to get the car running!

But then again he does have some parts that ARE worth money like the suspension and brakes, and those parts wont increase the amount he'd get for the car.

I wrote a large reply last night then mangled the keyboard like a tard and managed to kill it all, but the basic jist was that we paid £1200 for our car 2 years ago. Now ok yours is a year younger, but its still not going to be worth more than 1200 now, especially as its a less desirable V6 engine and not a quattro.

I dont know if you paid over the odds for the car in the first place which is why your now in this position. I get the feeling that you want something different/faster/whatever but are loath to lose money on the car. Unfortunately unless you buy the car as an absolute bargain, losing money on it is inevitable.

Before we got the A4 dawn had a '01 model year fiesta. She paid £2600 for it in june '06 and sold it for £1300 in dec '07 when we baught the A4. Now thats a big loss, not helped by the fact that she did pay a bit over the odds for it at £2600, but thats what happens with cars. The only way round it is to buy a car when its right at the bottom of the pile, ie paying £700 for a V6 quattro, running it for a year or two and selling it on for £500 is about as cheap as things will get. But its complete luck of the draw wether that car will cost you a shed load in parts and maintenance over the years.

Just look on ebay and you'll see the average SALE price for a V6 Quattro A4 is around 700-900quid. Theres many more listed at much higher prices, but its only when you look at completed items do you see that none of them actually sell.

We've accepted that our car isnt worth much, but in my eyes its a perfect daily driver and it makes far more financial sense to repair and fix that car, than sell it and buy a new one for several thousand pounds. Given that the chassis on these motors are so good you never get into the hell that is welding, so all your doing is replacing componets that wear out, just like you would with a newer car. Ok i'm going to have to change the engine on our car imminantly, and the DMF has given up the ghost, but for £500 i got a replacement engine complete with a new clutch and flywheel, and once fitted that component will be good for many years to come.

thank you for your replies.
greatly appreciated.

i want something faster. ive had the audi 2 years now, and thats a long time for me.
ive consider'd putting std bits on and selling it that way

i would need a exhaust system, but a std one is the same price im selling my stainless sytem for....
then full suspension struts.
no point putting brakes back to std.
i do have the original wheels.

i dunno, im leaning towards just saving up an getting a faster motor and run mine into the ground. may get a screen this week.

If your going to do down the "convert to standard" route, then advertise the parts on the proviso that the purchaser can give you the old bits from their car...

I'm sure plenty folk would happily swap you their standard A4 suspension for your weitecs and cash, as the OE suspension would likely end up in the bucket anyway, for example.

a o-e fit exhaust is one piece so i would need someone with a replacement,
the suspension i would take std stuff, i sold my old std ones, for something like £30 i cant remeber.
the brakes i would part ex for std ones.
i have the std 15's

so i would probably sell, for part ex on the brakes, and the suspension.
sell the wheels
then just sell the car for what ever i can get.