1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Right Rear Outer Tail Light Not Working

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Acidic32, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Acidic32

Acidic32 A4 Cabriolet 1.8T Owner VCDS Map User

[Nov 9, 2009]
    My rear right outer taillight is dead!!!

Changed bulb, still not working, tried cluster on left side, works!!! tried left cluster on right side, not working!

So its not a cluster problem, so what else could it be?? Anyone with Vag-com local to wisbech who could help me out? Maybe its some ECU module or something?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. mossya41.8t

mossya41.8t Member

[Nov 9, 2009]
    Hi mate i had the same problem with a vw caddy at work, checked bulb, cluster, traced through all the wiring and still couldn't find a fault.
    It ended up being the cluster but I was plugging it in with the lights on, the ecu recognises theres a fault (when carrying out routine check on startup) and stops sending a voltage to the cluster.
    If you've done the same as I did then it could be the cluster?
    Not 100% sure if the A4's have the same setup up as vw caddy thought id mention it.
  4. Acidic32

Acidic32 A4 Cabriolet 1.8T Owner VCDS Map User

[Nov 24, 2009]
    Solved the problem!!!!

Mice had chewed some wires, one of them was split completely which happened to match the rear lights color, just a simple crimp of a new bit of wire, jobs a goodun!

They nested under the rear seat drivers side, behind the trim panel.

One down, few more bits to go!
  5. mossya41.8t

mossya41.8t Member

[Nov 24, 2009]
    Hi glad you got it sorted mate,