1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

right click wire help please

mikeya4 May 26, 2009

1. mikeya4

mikeya4 Member

Hi all i've got a right click central locking kit on my car and it all works fine apart from the windows, there isn't a red and brown wire in the middle block so not sure which one to wire it into, looking at the haynes manual it say wire 8 in "C" block so I wired it to that but it only does the window for 1 sec, I've checked the output from the right click and its giving the signal for 20secs which is right so im a bit stuck,

thanks

2. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

Which wire from the rclick kit have you used?

I never bothered wiring this in on ours, as there was no option to have it as a choice...

Ie everytime you lock the car it rolls up all the windows, and there are times you get out and want to leave the windows down.

3. mikeya4

mikeya4 Member

I have used the green one and have checked with a led that it does give the signal for 20 + seconds. If im gonna leave the windows open i just lock it by the key.

any ideas?
    cheers

4. mikeya4

mikeya4 Member

forgot to say its a 98.5 so don't know if the wiring is a different colour?

5. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

i'll try and dig out ETKA tomorrow and see if i can confirm the wiring color for a 98.5 model. I do seem to remember those colors you mention sounding correct though.

6. mikeya4

mikeya4 Member

wicked, thanks for your help