1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ride Quality

Discussion in 'RS3 Forum' started by Brodster, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Brodster

Brodster Shark Performance In Scotland Regional Rep Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Jun 7, 2012]
    Hi guys

Just thought I would post this on here. I've popped in from the S3 forum and would like your opinions on overall ride and handling on the 19" wheels as I have an opportunity to get a set of the 19s off a TTRS which are the same wheels as on the RS3. My S3 is Ibis White which I think looks great with the darker rotor wheels. Your views please guys.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. jerseypaul

jerseypaul Member

[Jun 7, 2012]
    Hi mate.
    RS3 suspension/chassis setup is like driving a different car compared to the S3.
    The ride on the RS3 is great - firm, supple damping but not rock solid.
    Be hard for RS3 owners to separate out the 19" wheel variable.
    they look great though, just wish the tyres could accommodate a squarer profile side wall, especially the rears.
    Good luck with the new purchase.
  4. Dave Hedgehog

Dave Hedgehog Member

[Jun 7, 2012]
    i had an 11 S3 as a loan car till my car came

I was shocked at how bad the S3s ride is compared to the RS3s especially as it has 19" rims and has a fraction of the body roll, theres no crashing or bouncing about like the S3 does and it doesnt get out of shape like the S3 does under heavy breaking

i would imagine reducing the tyre wall deapth on the S3 will do nothing to improve the ride
  5. Brodster

Brodster Shark Performance In Scotland Regional Rep Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Jun 7, 2012]
    Cheers for the heads up. I knew ride quality would be compromised. I have a set of H&R lowering springs coming if I go for the wheels. Just need to weigh up the pros and cons for them. And as they are a straight swap for my S3's wheels seems a good idea.