1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rhyso's Posh Golf

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Rhyso, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Rhyso

Rhyso Active Member VCDS Map User

[Jul 12, 2013]
    cheers :). Its looking pretty sorry for itself at the moment; havent washed it since before Volksfest last month...............
  2. Rhyso

[Sep 13, 2013]
    Sooooo the Crappy Forge pipework saga this week continued.......

Went to have the EGR pipe fitted to find that the Forge item is TOO BIG and the profile is wrong. When fitted the pipe collapses in on itself making it more restrictive than the standard pipe :aggressive:

Tried trimming it to make it fit (too late to send back) but it made no difference. End result is I have a new standard pipe on order at a cost of £45..........

On the plus side the Aldi passed its MOT today with NO advisories :happy:
  3. Rhyso

[May 24, 2014]
    Wow havent updated this for a while.........

Urm its cost me a fair chunk of money the last few weeks

Its had
    New inlet manifold
    Two near rear callipers
    Complete set (soon) of tyres

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still got my weird ESP issue which i started a thread a while back but no one replied :(
  4. audicruiser

audicruiser Audi Heaven

[May 24, 2014]
    Inlet manifold leaking or cracked was it mate? Common on the 170TDi and not cheap!
  5. Rhyso

[May 24, 2014]
    Leaking :( had a smoke test done and it was pouring out.....

No. No it fecking isnt!! £506......for a piece of ****ty plastic :gun2:
  6. Rhyso

[Feb 7, 2015]
    Shows how little I do to the Audi compared to my old Golf......

Had a few issues with it lately
    Downpipe bracket snapped before Christmas leaving two lovely holes in the exhaust. Prospeed in Cardiff did a lovely repair job

Then just after Christmas my battery died on me. £50 and a bit of swearing later that was sorted

Had a service in January and then two days later my ESP light came on and stayed on. Scanned it with VCDS and I had the common G201 brake pressure sensor fault. In days gone by that would mean a new ABS pump and an expensive repair bill

Did some digging and found that VW, Seat and Skoda repair the problem FOC (there is now a repair kit available). Booked it into Audi and had it confirmed as the brake sensor pressure sensor. Cost of £383 to fix

So I called Audi UK and explained that the 'lesser' brands of the VAG group were offering this repair FOC so why cant Audi. A few phone calls between Audi UK and the dealer and it was agreed to fix the problem BUT I would have to pre-pay £160 for an oil change as my car wasn't bought from a dealer and hasn't been serviced by any dealers. At those prices can you blame me!!

I reluctantly agreed and so picked my car up yesterday morning. I sat down, paid for some parts I had ordered and signed the warranty claim form. The lady handed me my keys and said goodbye. No mention of paying for the service!!! I left rather quickly!!

So its time to give it some love. Mate of mine runs a detailing company called Urban Details so its booked in with him at the end of this month :)