Rfid pouch/wallet for keys

Did anyone have any luck with the RFID blocking pouches? I just got round to getting one and have found it does nothing to block the key fob signals. Both the keyless entry and buttons work when the key is in the pouch. It doesn't seem to be a defective pouch though as it will block NFC signals on a mobile phone.

Are you sure it doesn't have a thin inner pouch within the pouch? So basically two compartments within it. It only blocks if you put the key in that bit. I had the same issue.

unfortunately not. I bought an Eagle Creek branded one. On the card inside it states it will block between 30MHz and 3GHz so I presume the keys operate > 3GHz

Mine work perfectly, they didn't at first because I didn't slip them into the gold pouch, an easy mistake to make.

I can't open the car and if it is open it won't start, £12 for 2 from Amazon, I put them in there the whole time I'm at home.

ok, thanks both. Unfortunately there is no separate compartment within the pouch, just a dividing net and it doesn't matter which site of the net the keys are in. Also, from a quick internet search, it looks like the keys operate around 125MHz so should be well within the capabilities of the pouch. Money back time then.

ok, thanks both. Unfortunately there is no separate compartment within the pouch, just a dividing net and it doesn't matter which site of the net the keys are in. Also, from a quick internet search, it looks like the keys operate around 125MHz so should be well within the capabilities of the pouch. Money back time then.
These are the ones I bought

Amazon product

Reactions: pagenotfound
Looks the same as mine. This is what I meant about the inner pouch. It blocks the signal completely.

Attachments

• key_fob.jpg
    key_fob.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 311
Mine also works fine which I bought off ebay for a few quid... do make sure its in the back pouch! As my missus pointed out to me when I put it in the bag incorrectly the first time.

Ok, so just bought a couple of key pouches from Halfords for a tenner each and works a treat. Was able to test in the car park first.