Revs Fluttering on my 2.0fsi 2004

L3e123

Reaction score
Not too long ago i brought a a3 2.0 fsi sport, about a week after i got the car i noticed that the revs never quite settle down its always fluttering about, not so much to casue me problems but its getting quite annoying. Anyway, i was wondering has anyone else experienced this problem? i've been told it could be the idle control valve needs cleaning?? or the injectors are abit dirty in which case could redex be used? ( always been wary of engine additives especially in modern engines.) any help would be greatly apprieciated!
thanks.

Had something similar in a MK5 Golf Gti (TFSI) where the idle was a bit `lumpy` and would never settle properly. This was cured with a free dealer software update carried out during a service visit at VW.

The dealer should be abe to tell you if you have the latest version of the AUDI software.

Long shot but worth a try as it shouldn`t cost you anything.
Think VAGCom could do the same?? The guys on here will put point you on anu VAgCom queries if need be.

cheers
Paul

On my Golf, it were the temp sender that caused it to run rough and make the revs dip - may be worth getting vagcom on it...