1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

revs dying when clutch dipped?

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Oranoco, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

At last I'm back on the road but have annoying problem. Every time I dip the clutch the revs dip to 250rpm and it hunts like mad. Couple of occassions it's died completely.

Cleaned MAF out and it's made no difference.

Ideas?

2. ChrisShepB7

ChrisShepB7 Member

Had a similar problem with my old skyline, changed the MAF and lambda sensor and it cured it

3. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!"
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

could be an airleak?

I had a similar thing last week after disconnecting the battery though, and it fixed itself after a few miles.

4. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

Car was fine before coming off the road for a month and I've had a good poke about for an air leak.

Battery died and a new one was put in at the weekend. Driven about 25 miles today and it's still doing it. Waiting for a mate to call me so we can plug it into VagCom.

Between this and the front arms I'm thinking I might not bother and just go back to my mountain bike.

5. NineNails

NineNails Proud sponsor of the snack food industry

Could be throttle body alignment. I think after a battery disconnect the tb resets to it's base values and takes a few miles of driving to re-adapt but in my experience this doesn't work always and needs a bit of intervention with the old vagcom